Scheduling and Location
- Lessons are once a week.
- Scheduling of separate coaching sessions (such as for an upcoming audition) are also available on a limited basis.
- Lessons are taught in my home in the Western Branch Area (Burbage Grant neighborhood, off College Drive). Contact me for specific address.
- Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your lesson start time.
- "Wait or drop off?" -- I'm often asked whether parents need to wait during their child's lesson or if they can drop them off. Either way is fine! I have a comfy sunroom where parents are welcome to wait (giving us privacy during our lesson). Or some parents prefer to drop off their child and run errands or go on a Starbucks run during the lesson time. ;) If you drop off your child, please be aware that only children taking or waiting for lessons may be dropped off. If siblings or friends tag along, they are welcome to wait if accompanied by a parent.
Billing and Cancellations
- Lessons are billed the first of the month for the prior month. Invoices will be emailed to the email address on file, for your convenience and reference.
- Payment may be made in person by cash, check or credit card, or online through PayPal.
- You will receive an email receipt of your payment each time.
- You may log in at any time to check your balance and view upcoming scheduled lessons.
- Monthly payments are due the first lesson of each month (for the previous month).
- If you will not be at the first lesson of the month, please arrange to mail your payment or pay online via PayPal.
- If payments are not made in a timely manner, a late fee of $10 will be assessed after 30 days.
- If you need to cancel a lesson, please provide at least 24 hours' notice to avoid being charged for the lesson. Of course, this does not apply to illness or emergencies. We all have those happen, and I completely understand that you cannot predict those in advance. :) Simply let me me know as soon as you know, and you will not be charged for missing a lesson due to illness or emergency.
- "No Shows" will be charged (not showing up for a lesson without attempting to contact me).
- To cancel a lesson, you may text, call or email me. Texting is the quickest and easiest way -- just be sure that you get a reply text so that you know I got it. :)
Pricing & Available Lesson Types
Lesson pricing is as follows:
- $25 per HALF-HOUR lesson (this is the STANDARD lesson rate and most popular option)
- $50 per HOUR lesson (this is sometimes spent on ONE area of study, or sometimes used for a COMBO lesson -- see below)
Lesson types available are:
For those who wish to study more than one area (such as Voice & Piano, or Piano & Songwriting), Combo lessons are available. This type of lesson can be done in one of two ways:
- HOUR long combo lessons each week consist of 1/2 an hour spent in one area and 1/2 an hour spent on the other. Both subjects are covered each week.
- HALF-HOUR combo lessons rotate the subject of study each week; so one week the whole lesson would be spent on one area, and the next week the whole lesson would be spent on the other.
I recommend that students who are BRAND NEW to an area of study wait on doing combo lessons; it's best to start out focusing on just one area, then consider adding a second subject after 6 months or so, depending on the progress made.